The selected documents are land grants, that include maps and survey reports, for a plots in Cherokee County, Georgia, granted between 1833 and 1835 and in 1843 and in 1845. The land was obtained by the state of Georgia from the Creek and Cherokee Nations in unnamed treaties and distributed by acts passed in the Georgia Assembly on December 21, 1830, and on December 22, 1831. The majority of plots was surveyed in 1832. 832 miles of Cherokee County became Murray County in December 1831. In 1833, a portion of this county became Walker County.