|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Creator:||Owens, Hubert B.|
|Title:||Campbell-Jordan-Lindsey-Farnell House (Washington, Ga.)|
Campbell-Jordan House (Washington, Ga.)
Colonnade (Washington, Ga.)
Duncan G. Campbell House (Washington, Ga.)
|Description:||Located at: 212 East Liberty Street, Washington, Ga.|
The original cottage was built by William Stith after 1787 and in 1807 purchased by Duncan Campbell who enlarged it. The western part of the structure was probably built by Judge Albert Gallatin Semmes. In 1841, Aaron A. Cleveland added the colonnade.
Listed in the National Register as the Campbell-Jordan House, at 208 Liberty Street.
Slide annotated: "Washington, Ga A greek revival house 2 front doors."
Date of structure: 1787.
|Subjects:||Greek Revival | Federal | Classical Revival | European | Wood (plant material) | Plant material | Row houses | Dwellings | Houses | Architecture--Georgia--Washington | Architecture--Georgia--Wilkes County | Campbell, Duncan Green, 1787-1828--Homes and haunts | Campbell, John Archibald, 1811-1889--Homes and haunts | Semmes, Andrew Green--Homes and haunts | Semmes, Albert Gallatin--Homes and haunts | Cleveland, Aaron A.--Homes and haunts | Jordan, Benjamin F.--Homes and haunts | Washington (Ga.) | Wilkes County (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||Digital Library of Georgia, 2002|
|Rights and Usage:||Please contact repository for terms regarding reproduction and use. This work is the property of The University of Georgia. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching, and personal use as long as this statement of availability is included in the text. The information contained in this database is the exclusive property of the University of Georgia. Educational use is permitted; however, the content may not be re-purposed, reproduced, quoted without proper citation, or offered for sale in any form without the express written permission of the College of Environment and Design, University of Georgia and/or the owners of the original images if applicable.|
Cite as: [title of image], Hubert B. Owens Collection, Box 45, Owens Library, School of Environment and Design, The University of Georgia
|Related Materials:||Forms part of: Hubert B. Owens Collection|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/larc/id:hbo0168|
|Related Institutions:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Collection Information:||Historic Architecture and Landscapes of Georgia: The Hubert Bond Owens and John Linley Image Collections at the Owens Library|
Home » Item Display