|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Creator:||Owens, Hubert B.|
|Title:||Montrose (Augusta, Ga.)|
Reid-Jones-Carpenter House (Augusta, Ga.)
Alan Fuqua Center (Augusta, Ga.)
|Description:||Located at: 2249 Walton Way, Augusta, Ga.|
Single story wood frame building on raised basement of stuccoed brick. The house features an entrance portico supported by fluted Corinthian-inspired columns based at ground level and reached by a long stairway. The porch is enclosed by a balastrade. The name "Alan Fuqua Center" appears on the entablature. Windows flanking the portico have wrought iron ledges. Alan Fuqua established the Alan Fuqua Center for young people as a gift to Read Memorial Presbyterian Church in memory of his son. For more information see Linley, John. The Georgia Catalog: Historic American Buildings Survey. Athens, Ga.: University of Georgia Press, c1982, p. 280.
Slide annotated: "'Montrose' now Alan Fuqua Center, Augusta, GA. (Walton Way)."
Date of structure: 1849.
|Subjects:||Jones, Charles Colcock, 1831-1893 | Fuqua, Alan | Fuqua, J. B. | Greek Revival | European | Wood (plant material) | Plant material | Brick | Inorganic material | Stucco | Plaster | Coating (material) | Houses | Dwellings | Community centers | Architecture--Georgia--Augusta | Architecture--Georgia--Richmond County | Augusta (Ga.) | Richmond County (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||Digital Library of Georgia, 2002|
|Rights and Usage:||Please contact repository for terms regarding reproduction and use. This work is the property of The University of Georgia. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching, and personal use as long as this statement of availability is included in the text. The information contained in this database is the exclusive property of the University of Georgia. Educational use is permitted; however, the content may not be re-purposed, reproduced, quoted without proper citation, or offered for sale in any form without the express written permission of the College of Environment and Design, University of Georgia and/or the owners of the original images if applicable.|
Cite as: [title of image], Hubert B. Owens Collection, Box 40, Owens Library, School of Environment and Design, The University of Georgia
|Related Materials:||Forms part of: Hubert B. Owens Collection|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/larc/id:hbo0586|
|Related Institutions:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Collection Information:||Historic Architecture and Landscapes of Georgia: The Hubert Bond Owens and John Linley Image Collections at the Owens Library|
Home » Item Display