|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Title:||Fraser-Cooper House (Marietta, Ga.)|
Bostwick-Fraser-Cooper House (Marietta, Ga.)
|Description:||Located at: 199 Fraser Street, Marietta, Ga.|
Two-story square wood frame house on a brick foundation featuring a two-story portico with entablature supported by four fluted Doric columns. There is a balcony above the entrance and two red brick chimneys on each end. The house has a gable roof with a double pitch including porch roof. French casement windows open onto the porch. Built around 1844 by Charles C. Bostwick, the house was bought by Mrs. John Fraser, the daughter of John Cooper from Scotland, who came from St. Simons in the 1850s. For more information see Linley, John. The Georgia Catalog: Historic American Buildings Survey. Athens, Ga.: University of Georgia Press, c1982, p. 309.
Date of structure: 1844.
|Subjects:||Murphy, C. J., Mrs. | Sanger, C. O., Mrs. | Greek Revival | European | Wood (plant material) | Plant material | Brick | Inorganic material | Houses | Dwellings | Architecture--Georgia--Marietta | Architecture--Georgia--Cobb County | Bostwick, Charles C.--Homes and haunts | Fraser, John, Mrs.--Homes and haunts | Marietta (Ga.) | Cobb County (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||Digital Library of Georgia, 2002|
|Rights and Usage:||Please contact repository for terms regarding reproduction and use. This work is the property of The University of Georgia. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching, and personal use as long as this statement of availability is included in the text. The information contained in this database is the exclusive property of the University of Georgia. Educational use is permitted; however, the content may not be re-purposed, reproduced, quoted without proper citation, or offered for sale in any form without the express written permission of the College of Environment and Design, University of Georgia and/or the owners of the original images if applicable.|
Cite as: [title of image], John Linley Collection, Box 19, Owens Library, School of Environment and Design, The University of Georgia
|Related Materials:||Forms part of: John Linley Collection|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/larc/id:jlc0698|
|Related Institutions:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Collection Information:||Historic Architecture and Landscapes of Georgia: The Hubert Bond Owens and John Linley Image Collections at the Owens Library|
Home » Item Display