|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Type:||Photographs | StillImage|
|Title:||[Photograph of "The Charm House," Clarkesville, Habersham County, Georgia, 1908]|
|Description:||Clarkesville, 1908. "The Charm House." It is now used as a restaurant, but it was formerly a residence.|
2003/06/04: Built in 1907 by the prominent merchant W.R. Asbury, this Greek Revival house was originally named "Oak Heights." Over the years, the house has operated as a residence, tearoom, restaurant, hotel, medical clinic and hospital, and clothing outlet store. As of this publication, the Charm House is located at North Washington & Llewellyn Streets and operates as a bed and breakfast.
|Subjects:||Architecture--Georgia--Clarkesville | Domestic life--Georgia--Clarkesville | Clarkesville (Ga.) | Habersham County (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Georgia. Dept. of Archives and History|
|Online Publisher:||[Athens, Ga. : Digital Library of Georgia], 2004|
|Rights and Usage:||Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.|
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:hab028|
|Related Institutions:||Digital Library of Georgia|
Georgia. Dept. of Archives and History
|Collection Information:||Vanishing Georgia|
Home » Item Display