|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Type:||Gelatin silver prints | StillImage|
|Title:||Atlanta Fire Station No. 2|
|Description:||View of Atlanta Fire Station No. 2's Assistant Chief Tass Short and his driver Joe Ewing in front of the fire station at Washington and Hunter Streets in Atlanta, Georgia.|
The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment. "
|Subjects:||Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire departments--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire stations--Georgia--Atlanta | Men--Georgia--Atlanta | Men's clothing--Georgia--Atlanta | Hats--Georgia--Atlanta | Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. Station No. 2 | Automobiles--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire departments--Uniforms | Street lighting--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire chiefs--Georgia--Atlanta | Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc. | Short, Tass | Ewing, Joe | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.) | Washington Street (Atlanta, Ga.) | Hunter Street (Atlanta, Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Atlanta History Center|
|Online Publisher:||Atlanta, Ga. : Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 2006|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : sepia ; 2 x 4 in. | Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center|
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/store/Products/88904-atlanta-fire-station-no-2.aspx|
|Related Institutions:||Atlanta History Center|
|Collection Information:||Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, 1882-1972|
Home » Item Display