Home » Item Display

Atlanta Fire Station No. 4, Engine House No. 4

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Gelatin silver prints | StillImage
Title: Atlanta Fire Station No. 4, Engine House No. 4
Date: 1897
Description: [further information on reverse of image]

Group portrait of Atlanta Fire Station No. 4 at 85-87 North Pryor Street. Identified are A. B. Rogers, John Rozetta, L. C. Varnedoe, H. P. Haney, G. C. Courtney and Joseph Curran.

The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment. "

Subjects: Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire departments--Uniforms | Fire departments--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire stations--Georgia--Atlanta | Men--Georgia--Atlanta | Men's clothing--Georgia--Atlanta | Suits (Clothing)--Georgia--Atlanta | Hats--Georgia--Atlanta | Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. Station No. 4 | Rogers, A. B. | Rozetta, John | Varnedoe, L. C. | Haney, H. P. | Courtney, G. C. | Curran, Joseph | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.) | Pryor Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Atlanta, Ga. : Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 2006
Original Material: 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 10 in. | Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs
Rights and Usage: Cite as: MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center

This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.

Persistent Link to Item: http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/store/Products/88855-atlanta-fire-station-no-4-engine-house-no-4.aspx

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, 1882-1972