Home » Item Display

Atlanta Fire Station No. 18

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Gelatin silver prints | StillImage
Title: Atlanta Fire Station No. 18
Date: 1928
Description: Group portrait of Atlanta Fire Station No. 18 in Atlanta, Georgia.

The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment. "

Subjects: Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire departments--Uniforms | Fire departments--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire stations--Georgia--Atlanta | Men--Georgia--Atlanta | Men's clothing--Georgia--Atlanta | Suits (Clothing)--Georgia--Atlanta | Hats--Georgia--Atlanta | Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. Station No. 18 | Fire engines--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire hose | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Atlanta, Ga. : Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 2006
Original Material: 1 photograph : sepia ; 7 x 8 in. | Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs
Rights and Usage: Cite as: MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center

This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.

Persistent Link to Item: http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/store/Products/88901-atlanta-fire-station-no-18.aspx

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, 1882-1972