|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Type:||Gelatin silver prints | StillImage|
|Description:||View of the Atlanta Fire Department's baseball team. Left to right, front to back; W. B. Harrison, A. L. Gibson, W. R. Joyner, F. M. Allen, J. N. Lagomarsino, unidentified, E. T. Allen, R. E. Lawshe, D. T. Claridy, Tas Short, G. C. Fife, and Neal Baldwin.|
The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment. "
|Subjects:||Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta | Fire departments--Uniforms | Fire departments--Georgia--Atlanta | Atlanta (Ga.). Fire Dept. | Men--Georgia--Atlanta | Men's clothing--Georgia--Atlanta | Baseball--Georgia--Atlanta | Baseball bats--Georgia--Atlanta | Baseballs--Georgia--Atlanta | Baseball uniforms--Georgia--Atlanta | Baseball players--Georgia--Atlanta | Baseball teams--Georgia--Atlanta | Harrison, W. B. | Gibson, A. L. | Joyner, Walter Robertson, 1885-1906 | Allen, F. M. | Lagomarsino, J. N. | Allen, E. T. | Lawshe, R. E. | Claridy, D. T. | Short, Tas | Fife, G. C. | Baldwin, Neal | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Atlanta History Center|
|Online Publisher:||Atlanta, Ga. : Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 2006|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : sepia ; 13 x 16 in. | Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center|
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/store/Products/88822-baseball-team.aspx|
|Related Institutions:||Atlanta History Center|
|Collection Information:||Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, 1882-1972|
Home » Item Display