|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Title:||Atlanta & West Point Railroad Freight Depot|
|Description:||View of the Atlanta & West Point Railroad Freight Depot in Atlanta, Georgia.|
The Atlanta & West Point Rail Road, originally called the LaGrange Railroad, was completed in May, 1854, and renamed the Atlanta & West Point Rail Road in 1857. It was an 80-mile line from East Point, about six miles southwest of Atlanta, to LaGrange and West Point. The line was a major impetus to Atlanta's emergence as a rail center.
|Subjects:||Railroad companies--Georgia--Atlanta | Railroads--Buildings and structures--Georgia--Atlanta | Signs and signboards--Georgia--Atlanta | Railroad stations--Georgia--Atlanta | Weathering of buildings--Georgia--Atlanta | Atlanta and West Point Rail Road Company | Building, Brick--Georgia--Atlanta | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Atlanta History Center|
|Online Publisher:||Atlanta, Ga. : Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 2006|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : color ; 3 x 3 in. | Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center|
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/store/Products/88879-atlanta-west-point-railroad-freight-depot.aspx|
|Related Institutions:||Atlanta History Center|
|Collection Information:||Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs, 1882-1972|
Home » Item Display