|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Type:||Gelatin silver prints | StillImage|
|Title:||Exposition Cotton Mills|
|Description:||[further information on reverse of photograph]|
View of Georgia Tech instructor Arthur P. Edwards explaining a machine used in milling from the Exposition Cotton Mills in Atlanta, Georgia.
The International Cotton Exposition of 1881 was one of three expositions in Atlanta designed to attract business and venture capitol to Atlanta. The other two expositions were in 1887 and 1895. Buildings were erected for the 1881 exposition along what is now Ashby Street in West Atlanta. In 1882, these structures were converted into a textile mill, and became the Exposition Cotton Mills, which stood until 1971.
|Subjects:||Cotton--Georgia--Atlanta | Cotton manufacture--Georgia--Atlanta | Cotton textile industry--Georgia--Atlanta | Textile factories--Georgia--Atlanta | Textile machinery--Georgia--Atlanta | Cotton machinery--Georgia--Atlanta | Men--Georgia--Atlanta | Teaching--Georgia--Atlanta | College teachers--Georgia--Atlanta | Clothing and dress--Georgia--Atlanta | Exposition Cotton Mills Company | Georgia Institute of Technology | Edwards, Arthur P. | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Atlanta History Center|
|Online Publisher:||Atlanta, Ga. : Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 2006|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 10 in. | Emory Cocke Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, Georgia|
|Rights and Usage:||This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/store/Products/84024-exposition-cotton-mills.aspx|
|Related Institutions:||Atlanta History Center|
|Collection Information:||Emory Cocke Photographs, 1943-1952, undated|
Home » Item Display