Home » Item Display

Roswell Presbyterian Church

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Black-and-white photographs | StillImage
Creator: Coogler, O. J., Jr.
Title: Roswell Presbyterian Church
Date: 1954 Feb. 7
Description: [further information on reverse of photograph]

View of Roswell Presbyterian Church in Roswell, Georgia.

In 1839 families arriving in what would become Roswell, Georgia invited Reverend Nathaniel Pratt to organize a Presbyterian Church and to become their pastor. He took up the office in 1840 and the church was incorporated in December of 1840. The town of Roswell was incorporated four years later with its borders set in a one mile radius around the church. The church is still in use.

Subjects: Roswell (Ga.)--History--19th century | Roswell Presbyterian Church | Church buildings--Georgia--Roswell--History--1951- | Presbyterian church buildings--Georgia--Roswell--History--1951- | Church architecture--Georgia--Roswell--History--1951- | Roswell (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc. | Columns--Georgia--Roswell | Columns, Doric | Capitals (Architecture)--Georgia--Roswell | Trees--Georgia--Roswell | Building, Wooden--Georgia--Roswell | Bell towers--Georgia--Roswell | Roswell (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Atlanta, Ga. : Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 2006
Original Material: 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print | O. J. Coogler, Jr. Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, Ga.
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/store/Products/88576-roswell-presbyterian-church.aspx

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: O.J. Coogler Photographs, 1954