Home » Item Display

Piedmont Driving Club

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Photographs | StillImage
Title: Piedmont Driving Club
Date: 1962 May
Description: View of the Piedmont Driving Club clubhouse in Atlanta, Georgia.

Local identification number: VIS 107.54.02

The Piedmont Driving Club is a private country club established in 1887 and located on 1215 Piedmont Avenue in Atlanta, Georgia. It was originally named the Gentlemen's Driving Club and its members used the adjacent Piedmont Park as its golf course until the club sold the land to the city of Atlanta. In 2000 a new golf course was built on Camp Creek Parkway.

Local identification number: ahc107054002a.jpg

Subjects: Organizations--Georgia--Atlanta | Automobile driving--Georgia--Atlanta | Buildings--Georgia--Atlanta | Clubhouses--Georgia--Atlanta | Piedmont Driving Club (Atlanta, Ga.) | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.) | Piedmont Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305, 2006
Original Material: 4 x 5 in. black and white negative | Delta Air Lines Public Relations Department Photographs of Atlanta, Georgia., Atlanta History Center
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://collections.atlantahistorycenter.com/u?/DeltaAir,66

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Delta Air Lines Public Relations Department Photographs of Atlanta, Georgia, 1953-1972