Home » Item Display

Capital City Club

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Photographs | StillImage
Title: Capital City Club
Date: 1962 May
Description: View of the exterior of the Capital City Club building on the corner of Harris Street and Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.

Local identification number: VIS 107.23.02

The Capital City Club was founded in 1883, and is one of the oldest private country clubs in Atlanta, Georgia. The first club house was located at 43 Walton Street, but the club moved to a new establishment on Peachtree Street in August of 1884. The Club presently operates three facilities, the oldest of which is the downtown Atlanta club building on Harris Street. The Capital City Country Club, located in Brookhaven, was purchased in 1915. In 2002 an additional club facility, the Crabapple Golf Club, was completed in northern Fulton County.

Local identification number: ahc107023002a.jpg

Subjects: Organizations--Georgia--Atlanta | Buildings--Georgia--Atlanta | Capital City Club (Atlanta, Ga.) | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.) | Harris Street (Atlanta, Ga.) | Peachtree Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305, 2006
Original Material: 2 1/4 in. or smaller black and white negative | Delta Air Lines Public Relations Department Photographs of Atlanta, Georgia., Atlanta History Center
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://collections.atlantahistorycenter.com/u?/DeltaAir,69

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Delta Air Lines Public Relations Department Photographs of Atlanta, Georgia, 1953-1972