Home » Item Display

Terminal Station

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Photographs | StillImage
Creator: Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
Title: Terminal Station
Date: 1954
Description: View of Terminal Station at the corner of Mitchell and Spring Streets in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.

Local identification number: VIS 172.117.001

Terminal Station was designed in the Beaux-Arts style by Washington architect P. Thornton Marye, and built by Atlanta contractors Gude & Walker. The structure was completed in 1905 and the station was later renovated in 1947. Terminal Station was at Mitchell and Spring Streets, until its demolition in 1972.

Local identification number: ahc172117001a.jpg

Subjects: Railroad facilities--Georgia--Atlanta | Railroad stations--Georgia--Atlanta | Buildings--Georgia--Atlanta | Automobiles--1940-1950; Vehicles--Georgia--Atlanta | Parking lots--Georgia--Atlanta | Transportation--Georgia--Atlanta | Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.) | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.) | Spring Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305, 2008
Original Material: 35 mm color transparency | Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://collections.atlantahistorycenter.com/u?/JCF,105

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963