Home » Item Display

Crawford Long Hospital

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Photographs | StillImage
Creator: Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
Title: Crawford Long Hospital
Date: 1954
Description: View of Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital located on 35 Linden Avenue near downtown Atlanta, Georgia.

Local identification number: VIS 172.066.001

Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital was established in 1906 as a sanatorium by Dr. luther C. Fischer. Originally named the Davis-Fischer Sanitorium, it was located on Crew Street at its founding, but a new building was built on Linden Avenue in 1910. The name was changed to Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital in 1931 as a memorial to the Georgia physician who first discovered the use of either as an anesthetic.

Local identification number: ahc172066001a.jpg

Subjects: Hospitals--Georgia--Atlanta | Automobiles--1950-1960 | Parking lots--Georgia--Atlanta | Billboards--Georgia--Atlanta | Crawford Long Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305, 2008
Original Material: 35 mm color transparency | Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://collections.atlantahistorycenter.com/u?/JCF,53

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963