Home » Item Display

William Oliver Building

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Photographs | StillImage
Creator: Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
Title: William Oliver Building
Date: 1954
Description: View looking west at the intersection of Pryor Street and Edgewood Avenue in the Five Points area of downtown Atlanta, Georgia.

Local identification number: VIS 172.122.001

The William Oliver building was built in 1930 on the corner of Peachtree and Marietta Street by the Pringle and Smith firm as an office building. It has since been refurbished and the interior space is used for condominiums.

Local identification number: ahc172122001a.jpg

Subjects: Office buildings--Georgia--Atlanta | Furniture stores--Georgia--Atlanta | Automobiles--1950-1960 | Advertising--Georgia--Atlanta | Haverty Furniture Company (Atlanta, Ga.) | William Oliver Building (Atlanta, Ga.) | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.) | Pryor Street (Atlanta, Ga.) | Edgewood Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305, 2008
Original Material: 35 mm color transparency | Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://collections.atlantahistorycenter.com/u?/JCF,6

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963