Home » Item Display

Henry Grady High School

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Photographs | StillImage
Creator: Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
Title: Henry Grady High School
Date: 1954
Description: View looking south at Henry Grady High School from the grounds of Piedmont Park in the Midtown area of Atlanta, Georgia.

Local identification number: VIS 172.086.001

Established in 1872, Boys High School was one of the first public schools in the city of Atlanta. It remained a school for white males until it merged with Girls High and Tech High in 1947 to form Henry Grady High School. It was integrated in 1961. The school occupied several locations throughout the city until 1924, when it was re-located to Charles Allen Drive and 10th Street.

Local identification number: ahc172086001a.jpg

Subjects: Schools--Georgia--Atlanta | Football--Georgia--Atlanta | Education--Georgia--Atlanta | Parks--Georgia--Atlanta | Henry Grady High School (Atlanta, Ga.) | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.) | Midtown (Atlanta, Ga.) | Piedmont Park (Atlanta, Ga.) | 10th Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305, 2008
Original Material: 35 mm color transparency | Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://collections.atlantahistorycenter.com/u?/JCF,81

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963