Home » Item Display

Wesley Memorial Methodist Church

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: StillImage
Creator: Price, Francis E., ?-1928
Title: Wesley Memorial Methodist Church
Date: 1920
Description: View of the auditorium style interior of the Wesley Memorial Methodist Church in Atlanta, Georgia.

Local identification number: VIS 02.19.02

Wesley Memorial Methodist Church was built in 1910 under the direction of Bishop Warren A. Candler at the intersection of Auburn Avenue and Ivy Street in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1964 the building and its land were sold. The stained glass windows were moved to the chapel of the Methodist Center on the corner of Piedmont and Ralph McGill Boulevard, and later moved again to the Simpsonwood Conference and Retreat Center in Norcross, Georgia.

Local identification number: ahc002019002a.jpg

Subjects: Churches--Georgia--Atlanta | Interiors--Georgia--Atlanta | Auditoriums--Georgia--Atlanta | Wesley Memorial Methodist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30305, 2006
Original Material: 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print | Francis E. Price Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://collections.atlantahistorycenter.com/u?/Price,33

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Francis E. Price Photograph Collection, 1906-1928, undated