Home » Item Display

Agnes Scott Hall

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: StillImage | Photographs
Creator: Medlock, Susan
Title: Agnes Scott Hall
Date: 1987
Description: Agnes Scott Hall or "Main" Hall built in 1891

View of Agnes Scott Hall on the campus of Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia.

Local identification number: VIS 158.10.02

Decatur Female Seminary was established in 1889 as an an all girls' elementary school. The school was renamed Agnes Scott Institute after Agnes Irvine Scott in 1890, and was renamed Agnes Scott College in 1906.

Local identification number: ahc158010002a.jpg

Subjects: Towers--Georgia--Atlanta | Universities and colleges--Georgia--Atlanta | Architectural elements--Georgia--Atlanta | Agnes Scott Hall (Decatur, Ga.) | Decatur (Ga.) | DeKalb County (Ga.) | East College Avenue (Decatur, Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30305, 2009
Original Material: Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://collections.atlantahistorycenter.com/u?/southline,144

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Southline Press, Inc. Photographs