Home » Item Display

Atlanta Union Mission

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: StillImage | Photographs
Creator: Unknown
Title: Atlanta Union Mission
Date: 1987
Description: View of the entrance to the Atlanta Union Mission building on 54 Ellis Street in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.

Local identification number: VIS 158.09.09

In 1938, the Atlanta Union Mission was established on Crew Street as a soup kitchen to feed homeless men displaced by The Great Depression. It moved into its Ellis Street location in 1956.

Local identification number: ahc158009009a.jpg

Subjects: Architectural elements--Georgia--Atlanta | Streets--Georgia--Atlanta | Windows | Stonemasons--Georgia--Atlanta | Atlanta Union Mission | Atlanta (Ga.) | Fulton County (Ga.)
Contributors: Atlanta History Center
Online Publisher: Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30305, 2009
Original Material: Southline Press, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Rights and Usage: This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Persistent Link to Item: http://collections.atlantahistorycenter.com/u?/southline,30

Related Institutions: Atlanta History Center
Collection Information: Southline Press, Inc. Photographs