|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Title:||Saint Michael's Catholic Church|
|Description:||Saint Michael's Catholic Church. Saint Michael's Catholic Church building, which was located on Spring Street. It was dedicated April 30, 1933. The building was constructed of granite from Stone Mountain, and the altar was built of pink Georgia marble. The congregation first met in the home of Mrs. Helen Longstreet, widow of General James Longstreet. St. Michael's congregation moved into a new building located on Pearce Circle in October of 1974 and had open house in April of 1975.|
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0026) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Saint Michael's Catholic Church (Gainesville, Ga.) | Catholic church buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Church buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 20 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0026|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display