|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Title:||Central Baptist Church|
|Description:||Central Baptist Church, 1950s. Central Baptist Church, located on South Main Street, 1950s. The Church began as a Mission of the First Baptist Church and was organized as the Chestnut Street Baptist Church, 1891. The First Church building was destroyed in the 1903 Tornado, and the people moved to a new location so the name changed in 1904. The picture shown in this photograph was completed by stages over a period of years. |
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0028) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Central Baptist Church (Gainesville, Ga.) | Baptist church buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Church buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 20 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0028|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display