|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Description:||Herald building, about 1912. Photograph showing the Herald building located at 32 South Main Street. Guy Clopton was editor of the local paper. The "Gainesville News," edited by A. S. Hardy, also occupied the building between 1911 and 1912. The "Gainesville News" later moved to 38 South Main Street. The Herald building was destroyed by fire, and the collection of historic newspapers was destroyed.|
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0207) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Newspaper buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Office buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Gainesville (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc. | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 18 x 25 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0207|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection
Home » Item Display