|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Title:||First Presbyterian Church, a sketch|
|Description:||First Presbyterian Church, a sketch. Photograph showing the First Presbyterian Church that was located at the corner of Grove and Spring Streets. It was erected as an Episcopalian Church Chapel by a Mr. Hall, who sold it to the Presbyterians. The Presbyterians sold the building to Dr. J. J. Bridges on August 3, 1907. The Presbyterian Church congregation moved to their new church building on North Green Street. The original structure was used as an official building for the Gainesville Midland Railroad for many years. The building was later sold to the St. Paul Methodist congregation. The church was destroyed during the Tornado of 1936. |
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0231) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||First Presbyterian Church (Gainesville, Ga.) | Presbyterian church buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Church buildings--Drawings | Gainesville (Ga.)--Religion | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 16 x 23 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0231|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display