|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Title:||First United Methodist Church|
|Description:||First United Methodist Church. Drawing of the First United Methodist Church, located on the corner of North Green and Academy Streets. The building was the third house of worship for the First United Methodist Church and was completed in 1908. The building is now owned by the Arts Council Inc. In 1834, the First United Methodist Church purchased the old Hall County Courthouse for $150.00 and moved the building to the corner of South Bradford and Church Streets; this was used as their first house of worship. The First United Methodist congregation built their second house of worship in 1872.|
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0232) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||First United Methodist Church (Gainesville, Ga.) | Methodist church buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Church buildings--drawings | Gainesville (Ga.)--Religion | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 21 x 20 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0232|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display