|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Title:||Redwine Methodist Church|
|Description:||Redwine Methodist Church. Photograph showing the historic Redwine Methodist Church, located on Poplar Springs Road. The road was established as a brush arbor in the 1840s. The church was named for the William "Buck" Redwine family, who gave 40 acres of land in 1845 on which to build the first church. The Redwine family had moved to Hall County around 1827. There is no record of what happened to the first Redwine church building. The second church building was contructed in 1891 and has been remodeled and added onto several times since. On July 26, 1861 eighty-four men organized Company D, of the 27th Georgia Infantry at Redwine Methodist Church. A monument has been erected in the church yard in memory of these brave men. |
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0233) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Redwine Methodist Church (Gainesville, Ga.) | Methodist church buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Historical markers--Georgia--Gainesville | Redwine family | Gainesville (Ga.)--Religion | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 18 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0233|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display