|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Title:||U.S. Post Office|
|Description:||U.S. Post Office. Photograph showing the former home to the U.S. Post Office, built prior to 1911. It is located on the southwest corner of South Green Street & East Washington Street. In the corner on South Green Street is the Confederate monument (destroyed by the 1936 tornado) dedicated to Col. C.C. Sanders. In the background is First Baptist Church, showing the dome destroyed by the 1936 tornado. Since 1974, the old U.S. Post Office building has been used as the Federal Building. The new Post Office, located at 364 Green Street N.E., was dedicated on April 26, 1967.|
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0237) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Federal Building (Gainesville, Ga.) | Old Post Office (Gainesville, Ga.) | Post office buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | First Baptist Church (Gainesville, Ga.) | Tornadoes--Georgia--Gainesville | Monuments--Georgia--Gainesville | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 20 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0237|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display