|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Description:||Daniel-DeLong house. Photograph of the Daniel-DeLong house, located at 517 Green Street, N.W., is an example of Neo-classical architecture. The foundation is brick, and the house is wood siding and sheathing with eight Ionic columns supporting a one-story front porch with turned balustrade. The house was built around 1902 or 1903 by Dr. J.H. Daniel and sold to H.H. Dean in 1927 and to Frank DeLong the same year. Mr. DeLong's son Harold later occupied the house. Home is now used as an office building.|
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0239) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Daniel-Delong House (Gainesville, Ga.) | DeLong family--Homes and haunts | Daniel, J. H., Dr. | DeLong, Frank | DeLong, Harold | Neoclassicism (Architecture)--Georgia--Gainesville | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 17 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0239|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display