|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Description:||Photograph of Vann's Tavern that was built in 1805 by James Vann, a local chief of the Cherokees. The building was located on the Old Federal Road on the Chattahoochee River at Vann Ferry, later known as Winn's Ferry. It was taken apart log by log in 1956 because of the construction of Lake Lanier and was reconstructed at New Echota, the Old Cherokee Nation Capitol.|
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0259) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Vann's Tavern | Taverns (Inns)--Georgia--Hall County | Vann, James | Indians--Kings and rulers | Cherokee Indians--Georgia--Hall County | Chattahoochee River | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 20 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0259|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display