|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Description:||Photograph of the Wheeler Hotel. In 1931, A. C. Wheeler bought this property at 127 North Main Street from Mrs. J. H. Martin for $10,000. It began operations as a hotel and coffee shop. The hotel was razed circa 1966, and was used as a drive-thru service of the Gainesville National Bank. The land was sold to Hall County in 1969, and became part of the rear parking lot of the Chestatee Regional Library. |
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0261) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Wheeler Hotel (Gainesville, Ga.) | Hotels--Georgia--Hall County | Hotels--Georgia--Gainesville | Wheeler, A. C. | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 21 x 26 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0261|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display