|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Title:||Arlington Hotel drawing|
|Description:||Arlington Hotel Drawing. Drawing of Arlington Hotel, located on South Main and Spring streets. Built in 1882 and bought by J.H. Hunt in the early 1900s, damaged by the 1936 tornado, and remodeled and reopened in 1938. When first built, it was the only hotel in the business district of Gainesville and was the starting point for stage coaches going to Dahlonega, White Sulphur, New Holland, and Porter Springs. After extensive remodeling, the Dixie Hunt Hotel reopened in 1983 under the name of The Hunt Towers as an office building. |
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0266) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Arlington Hotel (Gainesville, Ga.) | Dixie Hunt Hotel (Gainesville, Ga.) | Hunt Towers (Gainesville, Ga.) | Hunt, J.H. | Hotels--Georgia--Gainesville | Central business districts--Georgia--Gainesville | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 13 x 18 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0266|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display