|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Description:||Chattahoochee Park, 1907. The Chattahoochee Park was located at the dead end of Riverside Drive on Lake Warner, before the creation of Lake Lanier in 1956. Electric street cars once transported people to the park for recreational outings. Lake Warner was named for General A. J. Warner, a famous congressman from Marietta, Ohio. Congressman Warner came to Hall County and built a power plant on the Chestatee River at Leather's Ford. Chattahoochee Park became a campground for Georgia Power employees a few years before Lake Lanier was formed.|
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0380) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Chattahoochee Park (Gainesville, Ga.) | Pavilions--Georgia--Gainesville | Parks--Georgia--Gainesville | Warner, Lake (Gainesville, Ga.) | Lakes--Georgia--Gainesville | Boats and boating--Georgia--Gainesville | Camp sites, facilities, etc.--Georgia--Gainesville | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 16 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0380|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display