|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Description:||The old Thompson Bridge, located on Thompson Bridge Road, in 1956. This photo shows the waters of Lake Lanier lapping at the bridge's supports. The new bridge was being built several hundred yards from this old structure. The bridge spanned the Chattahoochee River.|
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0406) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Thompson Bridge (Gainesville, Ga.) | Bridges--Georgia--Gainesville | Gainesville (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc. | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 23 x 11 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0406|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display