|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Type:||Illustrations (layout features)|
|Title:||Hall County Courthouse|
|Description:||Hall County Courthouse (Historical Building). Sketch of the third Hall County Courthouse. The first Courthouse was a log building erected in 1818. The second Courthouse, a two-story building, was erected in the center of Gainesville Square. It burned in 1882. The Third Courthouse was erected about 1885 on the site of the present Courthouse, on South Bradford Street, East Broad, South Green Street and East Spring. The building was demolished in the 1936 tornado. |
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0414) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Hall County Courthouse (Gainesville, Ga.) | Courthouses--Georgia--Gainesville | Public buildings--Georgia--Gainesville | Public architecture--Georgia--Gainesville--Designs and plans | Architectural drawing--Georgia--Gainesville | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 14 x 23 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0414|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display