|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Description:||Whatley's Pharmacy, 1937. Photograph of Whatley's Pharmacy, located on the Gainesville Public Square on Spring Street. Dr. Perry A. Whatley bought the store in 1931, which was at that time operating under the name Lamar-Rankin Queen City Drugs. The building was considerably damaged by the 1936 tornado but was rebuilt. The pharmacy was relocated to Bradford Street on the Gainesville Public Square around 1979, when that block was torn away for parking for the Georgia Mountains Center.|
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0474) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Whatley's Pharmacy (Gainesville, Ga.) | Whatley, Perry A. | Drugstores--Georgia--Gainesville | Drugstores--Georgia--Hall County | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 17 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0474|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display