|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Description:||Dunlap Dam and Shoals. Photographed in 1956, Dunlap Dam and Shoals were located three miles from Gainesville on the Chattahoochee River prior to the creation of Lake Lanier in 1956. The back waters of the dam were called Lake Warner, named in honor of General Warner. A power plant was built there to furnish electric current for Gainesville. |
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0497) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Dunlap Dam (Gainesville, Ga.) | Chattahoochee River | Warner, Lake (Ga.) | Dams--Georgia--Gainesville | Dams--Georgia--Hall County | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 16 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0497|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display