|Click here to view the item (new window)|
|Description:||Vann's Tavern. Photograph of Vann's Tavern, built by James Vann, local chief of the Cherokee Indians, in 1805. It was taken apart log by log and moved to New Echota in 1956 because of the rising waters of Lake Lanier. Vann operated a ferry across the Chattahoochee river. |
Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0592) Gainesville, Georgia."
Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.
Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.
|Subjects:||Vann's Tavern | Bars (Drinking establishments)--Georgia--Gainesville | Bars (Drinking establishments)--Georgia--Hall County | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)|
|Contributors:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Online Publisher:||[Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001|
|Original Material:||1 photograph : b&w ; 17 x 12 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.|
|Rights and Usage:||Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.|
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0592|
|Related Institutions:||Hall County Library System (Ga.)|
|Collection Information:||Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection|
Home » Item Display