Home » Item Display

Colonial Stores meat counter

Click here to view the item (new window)
Type: Black-and-white photographs
Title: Colonial Stores meat counter
Date: 1950-1970
Description: Colonial Stores meat counter. Photograph taken of the meat counter inside of Colonial Stores. Colonial Stores came to Gainesville in the early 1950s and was located at 100 West Brenau Street in the building presently occupied by Turner, Wood and Smith Insurance. The store was relocated in the 1970s to Thompson Bridge Road and is now known as Big Star. Note the prices of meat.

Caption: "Hall County Library Photo Collection (0810) Gainesville, Georgia."

Digitized by: Digital Techniques, Inc.

Electronic version made available through a federal Library Services and Technology Act Grant and Georgia Public Library Services.

Subjects: Colonial Stores Incorporated | Grocery trade--Gainesville-Georgia | Butchers--Gainesville-Georgia | Hall County (Ga.) | Gainesville (Ga.)
Contributors: Hall County Library System (Ga.)
Online Publisher: [Gainesville, Ga. : Hall County Library System], 2001
Original Material: 1 photograph : b&w ; 13 x 18 cm. | Forms part of: Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection.
Rights and Usage: Cite as: [Name of photograph], Hall County, Georgia historical photograph collection, Hall County Library System.
Persistent Link to Item: http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/hall/hchp/do:0810

Related Institutions: Hall County Library System (Ga.)
Collection Information: Hall County Georgia Historical Photograph Collection