Thumbnail:
Click to view larger image:
aep011
New Green Street, Presbyterian Church, Augusta, Ga.
  
Title: New Green Street, Presbyterian Church, Augusta, Ga.
New Greene Street, Presbyterian Church, Augusta, Ga.
  
Date: 1900-1914
  
Description:

Early-twentieth century postcard image of Greene Street Presbyterian Church in Augusta, Georgia. The Greene Street Presbyterian Church was erected under the pastorate of Dr. Robert Irvine to replace Second Presbyterian Church. One of the oldest denominations in Augusta, the Presbyterian church dates back to 1804.

Front of postcard: "13394."

Original postcard scanned and described by the Digital Library of Georgia as a part of Georgia HomePLACE: an initiative of the Georgia Public Library Service and GALILEO.

  
Subjects: Greene Street Presbyterian Church (Augusta, Ga.) | Presbyterian church buildings--Georgia--Augusta | Presbyterian Church--Georgia--Augusta | Church architecture--Georgia--Augusta | Picture postcards | Augusta (Ga.) | Richmond County (Ga.)
  
Contributors: Augusta-Richmond County Public Library System (Augusta, Ga.) | Digital Library of Georgia | Picturing Augusta Collection (Digital Library of Georgia)
  
Online publisher: [Athens, Ga.] : Digital Library of Georgia, 2005.
  
Original material: 1 postcard : col. ill.
New Green Street Presbyterian Church, Augusta, Ga. New York : Souvenir Post Card Co., [between 1900 and 1912]
Picturing Augusta: historic postcards from the collection of the Augusta-Richmond County Public Library System.
  
Rights: Cite as: [title of postcard], Augusta and Environs Picture Post Cards in Color, East Central Central Georgia Regional Library, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
  

Return to Picturing Augusta Homepage

Previous Postcard   Previous Postcard
Table of Contents   Table of Contents
Next Postcard   Next Postcard